Join Quest for a fun night of hiking. We will be exploring some of the beautiful wooded areas around Bloomsburg and possibly stopping for fireside stories and a snack. It is sure to be a great time to meet new people and get outdoors.
When: March 22nd, 8pm-11pm
- $5 for Bloomsburg University Students
- $10 for All others
Where will we meet?
Quest office on upper campus at 7:50pm
We suggest you bring the following items to make your trip comfortable and fun:
- 1-2 quart sized water bottle
- Camera – if you’re into that sort of thing
- Personal Medical supplies (medications you’ll need. Quest will have a course first aid kit and medical training)
- Synthetic or wool hats
- Base layers (Synthetic, long sleeve, lightweight.)
- Insulating Layers (wool, puffy jacket, sweat shirts, no cotton)
- Shell Jacket (With hood, water and wind protection)
- Gloves might be necessary for comfort. Liner gloves are also a nice option.
- Base Layers (Synthetic, long-pants, lightweight.)
- Insulating layer – fleece pants or equivalent
- Shell Pants (water and wind protection if needed)
- Hiking boot/ solid sneaker
- Socks (synthetic or wool work best)
- Quest will supply the graham crackers, Marshmallows, and chocolate
How to sign-up: Ideally, you should register early, weeks in advance, if possible. In order for us to get prepared to get gear and equipment packed and ready, registration typically closes on the Wednesday before a activities occurring on a weekend, and a few days before activities occurring on a weekday, but if spots are still available there is a possibility that you may still be able to register. Our office is not open on weekends or evenings. Always call first to see if there is available space before coming to the office or sending in payment. Spots cannot be reserved by calling or emailing. Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Methods of payment: 1) cash in person 2) check payable to “Bloomsburg University” in person or via U.S. mail (with a note listing your name, email address and phone number and the date and activity your registering for)
If you need additional help or have any questions, call Susan at the Quest Office or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms We Need From You
* A completed Quest AOR/Medical Form prior to participation in Quest activities.
* Signed Parental Consent for participants who are minors (under 18 years of age).
Course Information: (read everything below to make sure that you are prepared for this trip)
Quest courses are designed for beginners, so you will not be expected to demonstrate high levels of ability, but they provide a physical, psychological, and emotional challenge. Courses occur in areas that often involve steep terrain, rough and narrow trails, wet or muddy conditions, and inclement weather. Most Quest activities are movement-oriented activities involving some strenuous activity. Quest staff will provide you with a safety briefing to prepare you for the activities and any safety issues you might encounter or skills you need.
Quest instructors are professional outdoor leaders, students, interns, and members of the community. They are trained in specific outdoor pursuits, leadership, and first aid. All are involved in on-going outdoor leadership training with Quest.
For safety reasons, participants are required to abstain from alcohol and non-prescription drugs while participating in Quest Activities. Please respect the rights and health of others with regard to smoking. Participants will be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment belonging to Quest.
Safety is a primary concern during any Quest course. A safety briefing precedes each activity, where risks and protection against these risks are explained. Participants are expected to abide by all safety rules and procedures defined by Quest staff.
See our Homepage for the Refund Policy